- Carol Ann Read Breast Health Center
- Comprehensive Cancer Center Chemotherapy & Radiation Therapy
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy Center
- Radiation Therapy Services
Early detection is one of the best ways to combat cancer. Catching cancer in its earliest stages gives you the best chances of successfully treating it. Checking for cancer (or for conditions that may lead to cancer) in people who have no symptoms is called "screening."
Your doctor's office is one of the best places to keep a regular schedule of annual check-ups and screenings, such as pap tests, mammograms, and digital rectal exams. To select an Alta Bates Summit general practitioner, go to our Find a Doctor search tool and choose Internal Medicine or Family Medicine from the drop-down menu.
In addition, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center offers cancer screening and diagnostic services through:
Information on screening for specific cancer types:
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Gynecological Cancer Screening
- Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer Screening
Screening can help doctors find and treat some types of cancer early, and generally, cancer treatment is more effective when started early. The decision to be screened, like many other medical decisions, is a personal one. Talk to your physician about screening as part of your yearly check ups.