Are You Newly Diagnosed?
- Carol Ann Read Breast Health Center
- Comprehensive Cancer Center Chemotherapy & Radiation Therapy
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy Center
- Radiation Therapy Services
If you have been newly diagnosed with cancer, you may be overwhelmed initially by strong emotions, questions about your care, and concerns about your family and the future. It is normal to feel nervous, scared, sad, and even angry about receiving a cancer diagnosis.
Your reactions may vary day-by-day, and even moment-to-moment. Although your experience is completely unique, it may be comforting to know that other people have successfully made this journey with the help of Alta Bates Summit's collaborative and interdisciplinary team of oncology experts.
- Emotional & Spiritual Care
- How to Accept the Support of Others
- Your Physical Care
- How We Diagnose Cancer
- Understanding Your Pathology Report
- Your Next Steps: Taking Action