Your Physical Care
- Carol Ann Read Breast Health Center
- Comprehensive Cancer Center Chemotherapy & Radiation Therapy
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy Center
- Radiation Therapy Services
The term "cancer" describes a group of normal cells, either in a solid mass or in the blood, that for various reasons, may begin to multiply at an usually fast rate. These fast-growing or overly productive cells disrupt the normal functions of your body and affect the way you feel.
Caring for the needs of your body normally includes the basics: a healthy diet and regular exercise routine. When cancer is present, specialized cancer treatments may become necessary, but a healthy diet and regular exercise will be even more important to your physical health and the way you cope with stress.
Always work with your doctor to identify the foods and exercise activities that will best support your unique health considerations.
- For eating tips from the National Cancer Institute, visit Eating Hints for Cancer Patients: Before, During, and After Treatment
- For exercise tips from the National Cancer Institute, visit Physical Activity & Cancer Fact Sheet