Adolescent Eating Disorder Program
The adolescent Eating Disorder Program offers a safe and supportive environment for individuals aged 12-17, recovering from an eating disorder. Participants and their families receive vital resources needed to heal the body, mind, and spirit that have been damaged by their eating disorder.
The program offers a constant, predictable and structured path through the stages of recovery, addressing a wide array of specific treatment needs including:
- Psychoeducation about eating disorders and the recovery process
- Medical “re-feeding”
- Family therapy and support
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Treatment of co-morbid conditions
- Development of healthy coping skills
- Processing the grief and loss of eating disorder identity
- Assertiveness training
- Relapse prevention
- Meal planning
- After-care support resources
The ultimate goal of the program is to provide the best opportunity for health and recovery.