Parking and Traffic Information
As part of the project’s construction management, the medical center has submitted a traffic control plan to the City of Oakland’s Traffic Division. This plan will be in effect for the duration of construction.
- Hawthorne Avenue between Elm and Webster streets will become one-way in the eastbound direction (up hill toward Webster Street) and Hawthorne will be closed at Webster Street to westbound traffic (down hill toward Telegraph Avenue). Traffic will be diverted along Webster to 30th Street for access to Summit Street or Telegraph Avenue.
- Metered parking will remain along both sides of Hawthorne Avenue between Elm and Summit streets. Street parking will no longer be available along Hawthorne Avenue from Summit to Webster streets.
- We will maintain access to the entrance and parking garage of the Medical Office Building (MOB) at 365 Hawthorne Avenue.
- Sidewalks will be closed along the north side of Hawthorne Avenue between Summit and Webster streets (with the exception of the sidewalk in front of 365 Hawthorne, which remains open for building access).
- To maintain safe pedestrian access from Summit to Webster streets, a pedestrian walkway will be available adjacent to the Providence Pavilion.
- Throughout the project, a flag person will be present weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The Providence Garage and the Merritt Garage will be open throughout construction.
We know construction will cause some disruption to our neighbors and appreciate your patience as we move through this exciting and important project.
If you have questions or concerns, please call our construction hotline at (510) 869-6840. We will provide regular updates on the hotline as the project moves forward.