State-of-the-Art Cardiovascular Technology
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center's cardiovascular team built its reputation on innovation in both technology and treatment.
We were the first in the San Francisco East Bay area to perform many breakthrough cardiovascular procedures, which are highlighted in our program achievements.
The following are some of the state-of-the art technologies our cardiologists and cardiac surgeons currently use in preventing, diagnosing and treating heart disease.
- 3D Echocardiogram
- 3D Mapping for EP Ablation (Cryoablation for Arrhythmias; 3D Image Renderings)
- 64-Slice CT Scanner
- Automatic Implantable Cardio Defibrillator (AICD)
- Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Amplatzer Closure Devices for Congenital Heart Disease
- Calcium Scoring of Plaque Buildup (Heart Safe Scan)
- Cardiac Cath Lab (State-of-the-Art)
- Cardiac Catheterization (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)--see Angioplasty and Angiogram)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)
- Chronic Total Occlusion Interventions
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
- Coronary Laser Procedure
- daVinci™ Surgical Robot
- Echocardiogram (Stress Echocardiogram and Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE))
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Endoscopic Vein Harvesting
- Impella Heart Assist for High-Risk Percutaneous Interventions
- Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Maze Procedure
- Minimal Incision Valve Surgery (MIVS) (Port Access Valve Surgery)
- Neuro Biplane Angiography
- Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR)
About the Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
At Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, our heart specialists deliver compassionate patient care using leading-edge procedures, to patients living throughout the San Francisco East Bay area. While our cardiac services are located in Berkeley and Oakland, patients come to our heart center from Hayward, Pleasanton, Lafayette, and other East Bay communities as well as from greater California and the United States to seek the best cardiac hospital care available. Our experienced team of top heart and cardiovascular specialists strive to work with each patient to identify the best treatment options for heart and vascular conditions. Whether you need a top heart surgeon (or specialist), a cardiac specialist, a vascular or thoracic surgeon, or one of our best-in-class cardiothoracic specialists - our doctors, nurses and technologists will work with you to strive for the best cardiovascular care for your unique needs. We strive to be the best cardiac hospital not just in the San Francisco East Bay but for every patient who enters our heart center, whether they come from Oakland, Berkeley, or beyond the Bay Area.