Prostate Cancer Care Notebook
Having just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it is perfectly normal that you may feel scared, fragile, vulnerable, overwhelmed and unsure where to start gathering information.
Given that this may well be one of the hardest times in your life, this notebook was developed to provide you with the information you need, make the process easier for you and your family, provide you with resources to help you make the required decisions, and provide a way for you to centralize your medical information and have it available when and where you and your health care providers need it.
You may need to download Adobe Reader to view the files.
Download the Complete Prostate Cancer Care Notebook (PDF, 3MB, 117 Pages) or view the individual chapters below.
- Table of Contents and Chapter 1: Organizing My Care (1,272k, PDF)
- Chapter 2: Understanding My Diagnosis (Basic Education) (666k, PDF)
- Chapter 3: Treatment Options (204k, PDF)
- Chapter 4: Prioritizing Goals for Treatment and Outcomes (208k, PDF)
- Chapter 5: Surgery Options (177k, PDF)
- Chapter 6: Radiation Oncology (271k, PDF)
- Chapter 7: Medical Oncology (235k, PDF)
- Chapter 8: Clinical Trials (136k, PDF)
- Chapter 9: Integrative Medicine (136k, PDF)
- Chapter 10: Coping (197k, PDF)
- Chapter 11: My General Health (168k, PDF)
- Chapter 12: Recovery & Coping with the Effects of Prostate Cancer Side Effects (162k, PDF)
- Chapter 13: Financial Matters (770k, PDF)
- Chapter 14: Inspiration (134k, PDF)
- Chapter 15: Just for Partners (157k, PDF)
- Chapter 16: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (262k, PDF)
- Chapter 17: Resources (200k, PDF)
- Chapter 18: Glossary (143k, PDF)