General Neurological Rehab
A Comprehensive Program for Renewed Independence
Recovering from a neurological injury or illness is a demanding process for patients and their families. Our compassionate team of rehabilitation professionals works together to help patients face this challenge, improve their cognitive, communication, and physical abilities, and return a sense of normalcy to their lives. Families are an integral part of planning for care.
Our specialty trained, interdisciplinary team of therapists assesses each patient’s condition; setting appropriate goals and developing an individualized plan and home treatment program. The team works together to coordinate care among physical, occupational, speech therapies and, as needed, neuropsychology.
Families are very involved in the planning and care the patient receives. We provide patient and family training and education and offer referrals to community resources, maximizing a patient’s potential for independence.
Back to top
Speech / Language Therapy
- Aphasia/Language Evaluation and Treatment: addresses communication challenges after neurological trauma (i.e., stroke, brain injury, brain surgery). Includes word finding, auditory comprehension, reading comprehension and total communication techniques for use in home, work and community.
- Speech Intelligibility: includes oral/motor training, melodic intonation therapy and self-monitoring skills addressing dysarthria and apraxia of speech.
- Voice Evaluation and Treatment: treating pitch, volume, resonance, breath support and vocal quality issues due to speaking voice.
- Swallowing Evaluation and Treatment (including Modified Barium Swallow (MBSS), FEES, and Vital Stim).
- Cognitive Linguistic Treatment: for executive function, verbal thought organization and problem solving, information processing, attention/recall deficits and sequencing of verbal expression.
- Dysfluency: fluency strategies to address stuttering and cluttering speech disorders.
- Balance Retraining: Helps patients regain their ability to sit, stand, and move safely.
- Gait Analysis and Transfer Training: Includes mobility in the home and the community as well as transferring across surfaces (i.e. from wheelchair to bed).
- Neuromuscular Retraining: Includes joint range of motion, strengthening, endurance, motor control, and tone reduction.
- Orthotics Consultation
- Aquatics Instruction for independent pool therapy.
- Activities of Daily Living, Home Management, and Safety: Includes community reintegration and use of assistive devices.
- Adaptive Equipment Assessment and Instruction: Training, consultation, and referral.
- Cognitive Retraining For memory, attention, processing, and executive functions.
- Neuromuscular Retraining: Includes joint range of motion, strengthening, endurance, motor control, and tone management.
- Splinting/Orthoses: Development/Evaluation, fabrication, training, consultation, and referral.
- Visual-Perceptual Skills Development: Adaptive strategies and pre-driving assessment.
- Wheelchair and Seating Evaluations Consultation and referral.
Back to top
Give us a call at (510) 204-4599 to find out more about how we can help your loved one return to independence.
Back to top