Patient Safety and Comfort
Because your safety and comfort are important to us, we've made a list of basic safety precautions and general guidlines that we ask you to observe.
- Smoking is acknowledged to be both a health and fire hazard. Please be aware that smoking is NOT permitted in our facilities or on our property. NO smoking is permitted in patient rooms.
- Please wear your plastic identification band(s) at all times.
- Please notify your nurse if you wish to leave your nursing unit.
- Let the nurse know if you have dentures, a hearing aid, contact lenses, or other prosthetic devices. Be sure to store them properly when not in use; if you leave them wrapped in tissue on your bed or tray, they could be disposed of accidentally.
- Please report any accidents, such as spills or broken glass, right away so your nurse can take care of them promptly.
- Flowers are welcome in our facilities except for the coronary care unit, cardiopulmonary unit, and the intensive care unit, as well as the oncology unit at Alta Bates. However, it's always a good idea to ask first.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted on the premises. Our Security Staff are informed of all potential substance abuse problems and are involved in management of any potential behavior problems.