Youth Bridge Career Development Program
The Youth Bridge Career Development program gives under-resourced East Bay youth a unique opportunity to explore real-life health care careers within a medical center environment; a close connection with a cohort of like-minded students, a paid summer stipend, and the expert guidance of a skilled mentor.
Youth Bridge Curriculum
The Youth Bridge curriculum includes:
- Nine-week career activities class
- Leadership development series
- Eight weeks of work with a mentor that typically continues with a paid summer internship throughout high school and college
- Community service opportunities that include presentations to other high school and middle school students on health related topics
How You Can Help
There are many ways members of the community can contribute to this vital program that truly changes lives of East Bay area youth. While Alta Bates Summit provides administrative support, mentors, and internship placements, there is also a partnership component with local community members and corporations.
These opportunities include:
- Job placements
- Student sponsorship for one year
- Becoming a community sponsor
- Becoming a corporate sponsor
Becoming involved in Youth Bridge can be as rewarding to you as it is to the students. To see how your skills and expertise can contribute to the bright future of an aspiring young person, please call Youth Bridge Coordinator Gary Owens at 510-869-8225 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Bridge Program
3012 Summit Street, 3rd floor
Oakland, CA 94609